Go to the Durius homepage.
- Instructions for use of this package
- Thank you for downloading this package! Registration and upgrading is covered
in a latter section of this readme. These applets are highly configurable
and easy to implement. Included are a couple of .html-files that show different
configurations for each applet. Try them out and play with the parameters,
then "Cut and Paste" from the examples to have them up and running
within a couple of minutes!
- Package version: 1.40
- Fixed a vital issue with Netscape, causing poor browser performance. The
fix also helps in MSIE.
New for this version is the use of .jar-files. Now, only one file is needed
per applet and download-times are reduced. Look at the examples to see how
the new files are used.
- You can now use these applets free of charge with limited features! When
unregistered the applets have a static link to www.durius.com and all linking
features are disabled.
- System requirements
- Any browser with a Java Virtual Machine v1.1 or higher.
- Netscape 4 and MSIE 4 feature this.
When uploading, place the .jar-file anywhere, the protection is based on where
the referring html-document resides. If you place the .class files in a subdirectory
of your registered URL, you must include a codebase statement in the html.
An applet tag with a codebase statement might look like this:
- <APPLET WIDTH="150" HEIGHT="151"
ALIGN="BOTTOM" ARCHIVE="SomeApp.jar" CODE="SomeApp.class"
<PARAM NAME="blah blah" VALUE="blah">
- The applets will also work locally. When used locally, the .class-files
must reside in the same directory as the referring html-files. This is because
of the security restrictions imposed by Java 1.1. If you registered a site
license, the applet will work anywhere within the domain that you specified.
- Here is an example of using your regcode:
- <APPLET WIDTH="230" HEIGHT="230"
ALIGN="BOTTOM" ARCHIVE="SomeApp.jar" CODE="WaterpApp.class">
<PARAM NAME="reg" VALUE="58701298">
- Some servers have not yet been configured to handle jar-files. If this is
the case you can upload the corresponding class-files instead. See the specific
applet-instructions for details of which class-files to upload.
Registering & upgrading
The registration of an applet entitles you to any upgrades or optimizations
that we make to this applet. The latest version is always available on the
Durius homepage. Current pricing is listed
This entire package is Copyright of Durius. You must treat the software like
any other copyrighted material.
- This software is provided "as is". All express or implied conditions
and warranties are disclaimed.
- This software may be distributed freely on any media as long as the files
are distributed in their entirety.
- You may not alter this software in any way whatsoever.
- You may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise reduce
this software to a human perceivable form.
- You may not modify, rent or resell for profit this software, or create derivative
works based upon this software. You may not publicize or distribute any registration
code algorithms, information, or registration codes used by this software.
Bug reports, suggestions and comments are always welcome!
- E-mail: email@example.com